REMOTELY MONITORED BRIDGE LIGHTS
Application: Bridge Lighting with GSM Monitoring
Location: Tar Heel, North Carolina USA
Owners: NC DOT
Product: SL-BR (green and red), GSM Monitoring
Date: July 2016
North Carolina Department of Transportation installs Sealite’s LED, solar powered, GSM monitored Bridge Lights on its new Tar Heel replacement Bridge.
July 2016 – Sealite USA have supplied solar powered SL-BR Bridge Lights with GSM Monitoring to the North Carolina Department of Transport (NC DOT). The installation of the solar powered bridge lights removed the need to run electrical conduit, making for an easier installation.
GSM Monitoring allowed the NC DOT to remotely monitor the light operating conditions from their offices, approximately 2 hours away. Diagnostics such as lantern status, battery condition and GPS positioning are sent via email, text, or viewed on Sealite’s secure web portal, providing current light status reports.
Once installed, no special vehicular equipment was needed to read the lights for status checks, saving the NC DOT additional costs in both labor and operation.
- Sealite’s ability to customise products to suit individual customer requirements
- Specifically designed to clearly mark bridges over navigable waters
- Single LED Optic
- Optional solar/battery systems available
- Superior visibility and will operate in conjunction with existing power supplies
- Automatic night activation
- Complies with governing bodies such as the U.S. Coast Guard/IALA recommendations for the marking of fixed bridges over navigable waters